Planning is the process of analyzing the related facts and selecting a course of action for the future that will achieve the goal of the organization.
A plan may have many characteristics, based on the requirements but all great plans have some common qualities.
These qualities make the plans the right choice for the management and organization.
Let’s see the6 features/characteristics/qualities of a great plan.
- Great Plan is goal oriented.
- Based on valid data and information and proper analyzing of them.
- Has proper guidance for implementing the resources efficiently.
- The great plan makes and maintains coordination with all necessary sectors.
- it is flexible.
- Great plans are realistic and meet the needs of the business.
1. Great Plan is Goal Oriented
Goals or objective are the aims of an organization that it wants to achieve. They indicate the managers what are the organization targets.
Goals are the base of the plan is deciding the future course of actions to attain the goal.
So for a plan that will benefit the organization, it has to be goal oriented. Goal oriented plans are revolved around the goal and find the best alternative for reaching it.
2. Great Plan is Based On Valid Data And Information And Proper Analyzing Of Them
A plan must be formed with correct data and information.
The information that used in plans must be from a valid resource. Any misinterpretation of data could lead an organization to catastrophe situation.
So, a quality plan is always formed with verified data and information.
And a manager must have the skills to analyze them properly to forecast the future outcomes. This is the important part of a plan.
The plan is all about foresting and the collected valid information must be analyzed thoroughly.
3. Great Plan has Proper Guidance For Implementing the Resources Efficiently
Management tries to make the most possible efficient implementation of resources. Planning is done for finding which path is more productive for the organization.
So a proper plan will include the best way of using the required resources.
A great plan will denote the element that is required as resources and their volume or quantity, and also specifies the efficient and productive ways that those resources can be used for companies benefit.
4. Great Plan Makes and Maintains Co-Ordination with All Necessary Sectors
There should be coordination among all the parts of an organization. It is necessary for creating a great plan.
A plan must be made by communicating with all the departments of an organization.
But when a plan is done and it’s time for the implementation; there should be co-ordination and linkage among the departments or sectors of the organization.
A great plan connects the departments or sectors that are required for the implementation.
It defines the responsibilities and jobs of each department and maintains a proper communication among them.
5. Great Plan is Flexible
Businesses always face many unexpected and unimaginable situation from time to time. So, from time to time it needs to change its path to reaching the goal.
A plan must be flexible so that these unwanted situations can be faced by the management easily and quickly.
Plans must be formed with a window to change it if necessary. It is required for a business that takes high risks.
6. Great Plans are Realistic and Meet the Needs of the Business
The plan is the process of finding the possible alternatives and choosing one.
Among the alternatives, some are going to be too costly and some are going to be cheap, some are going to be more productive and some are not going to be productive.
- A great plan will be the most optimum way of reaching the goal.
- A great plan must fit the company’s economic situation. So a good plan is always the best match for the organization.
- A great plan has to have qualities for maximizing the wealth of an organization.
Based on the requirements, a plan may have many characteristics but great plans have some common qualities.