Do you feel that your eLearning courses are not gaining the desired traction?
Are they not helping you accomplish your business goals?
Well, if that’s the case, then you must reconsider your marketing strategy.
The competition in eLearning industry is pretty intense today.
With more and more eLearning courses proliferating, it is becoming all the more hard to grab the attention of your target audience.
So, instead of sticking to your old methods, learn the secrets to a successful training business.
All you need to do is follow the below-mentioned tips and implement the same to sell more of your online training.
Enough of the talking, here are the tips.
Follow a different training path
It’s good to stay updated and follow what others are doing. But, in today’s competitive world, wise is the one who differentiates his/her content from the rest as it will help you gain an advantage over others. In order to differentiate, you need to know the current eLearning state and trends. You can either improve existing ideas or create new ones! Here are some current trends that are impacting the eLearning landscape:
- Gamification: Incorporating gamification is one of the most compelling ways to attract users. They are encouraged to come back to your course and engage effectively with your training.
- Smart design: Adopting a design that makes you look like a professional than an amateur is a key to move forward. This will help you win customers, over and over again.
- Mobile Learning: Not every learner wants to learn via desktop today. There are many who prefer learning on the go, i.e. via devices like laptops. smartphones, etc. This allows the users to learn in their desired manner and whenever they wish to.
Create courses which cater to the needs of modern learner
From offering an experience that is substandard, to delivering a course comprising generic content, you cannot fool the modern learners. Learners today are savvy. Their needs must be catered to. And, you can do this by applying instructional design principles, some of which are as mentioned below.
- Bite-sized modules: Modern learners’ attention span is reduced. Plus, they do not have the time to consume all the information in one go. Hence, make sure you offer bite-sized content which works well with smartphones and tablets. This facilitates learning on the go and is a very convenient option for learners.
- Utilize branching: Forget linear paths. Modern learner wants to have control in his/her hands over what they want to learn next. By offering to branch in your training, you can offer customers what they want: engaging, personalized experiences.
- Challenge learners: The modern learners like to be challenged. If they’re not, they end up losing interest. Hence, think of ways you can offer them challenging situations in your online training.
Improve the delivery method and take care of the price
When you’re selling online training, there are two factors that need to be taken care of. One, creating training which meets your customers’ expectations in an engaging way.
And second, to maximize profits, delivering that training in the most efficient way possible. Both of these aren’t mutually exclusive but they do rely on the selection of the right tools and choosing them wisely.
On the other hand, you must also take care of the price of your online training to attract eLearning buyers. To calculate the cost, you must be aware of how much it costs you to create a course.
Then, factor in additional and variable costs.
Furthermore, keep track of what your competitors are offering and understand the demand curve of your online training.
Now that you’re aware of the latest techniques, implement them and start selling your online training material to your ideal customers. Happy selling!