As the time for Board Exam draws near again, many students have become nervous. Some individuals devote ample time to their studies, only to forget everything learnt during the exam. Exam fever is real and can be tormenting even to the most studious person. However, there are ways to overcome this challenge and scale through the exam successfully.
Passing a CBSE exam in flying colours is no walk in the park. Don’t expect it to come on a platter of gold. It takes dedication and hard work to achieve this feat. Of course, this is not to overrule the fact that you may prepare well for the exam only to go blank on that day. It is not your fault – so, don’t beat yourself too hard. It is possible to bypass this problem – consistent practice. Interestingly, you don’t need to have the brain of Albert Einstein to clear your Business Studies exams.
By consistently reinforcing questions and answers learnt, you can enforce your mind to stay alert and active when you step into the examination hall. Additionally, some of the questions you will come across while taking the paper requires common sense (logical reasoning).
Guidelines for the 2021 CBSE Business Studies Examination
Each year, the national level exam board records tons of exam takers, some of whom undergo the Business Studies exam. The 2021 exam is to hold on the 12th of May, 2021. This paper consists of two parts – the theory examination and the project. Fortunately, the CBSE 12th Business Studies syllabus has witnessed a 30% reduction, to cut back on the course load and give students more leverage to prepare for the upcoming exam. As such, you should have little or no problem taking the paper.
The theory examination comprises two sections:
- Part A – Principles and Functions of Management.
- Part B – Business Finance and Marketing.
Part A is one major area you should focus on as it carries 50 marks out of the entire exam score. Preparing well for this section will give you an edge to stay above average. In addition, kindly note that it comes with 8 units, namely:
- Nature and Significance of Management
- Principles of Management
- Business Environment
Part B has 4 units – Financial Management, Financial Markets, Marketing Management, and Consumer Production. Before undertaking both parts, ensure that you have studied their respective subtopics entirely. Understand the underlying concepts that discuss them, including the definition of terms. You don’t have to use the GIGO (garbage in garbage out) approach – I don’t recommend this either. Whatever you’ve understood so far, write them out in your words, except for specific terminology. Your project also plays a significant role in giving you a top score.
Another point to consider is the “time” factor. In the words of Benjamin Franklin, “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” When preparing for your Business Studies exam, time becomes an essential element. You don’t expect to cram the syllabus overnight and nail your paper the next day – it rarely happens this way. It is essential to study ahead of the exam date to have an excellent result.
In the same vein, don’t take the “Business Finance and Marketing” section with levity, just because you’re well-prepared for the Part A and Theory. Often, students have exam experiences when it comes to Financial Management – Capital Structure to be precise. Don’t try to rush your way through this concept. It requires an in-depth understanding to answer questions generated correctly.
Pre-Examination Preparation Tips
The secret to nailing your Business Studies exam is to prepare well. This section contains tips on how to achieve that.
- Practise writing what you’ve learnt. As the old saying goes, “A short pencil is better than a long memory.” Avoid assuming that you can remember it all. Errors are bound to happen. The last thing you want is forgetting everything you’ve read five minutes into the exam. Hence, whatever you’ve learnt, ensure that you note them to improve retention.
- Take advantage of previous sample questions. Nothing is new under the sun – not even the questions you’ll face in the examination hall. You can easily access them online. For example, SpeedyPaper review is a top sought-after platform for students with difficulties in any subject. Once you’ve accessed these question papers, practice them using the same rules and guidelines of the real examination. By doing so, you can rate and improve your performance.
- Optimize Your Textbooks. These materials are there to help you comprehend specific areas that otherwise prove challenging. Ideally, CBSE’s NCERT textbooks are a great choice for anyone intending to undertake the CBSE Business Studies exam.
Guidelines to Undertake the Business Studies Board Examination
Once you have prepared for the exams, taking into account the tips discussed above, your level of confidence will increase significantly. However, it doesn’t end there. Your conduct during the examination is as important as your pre-exam preparation. Here are some tips to help you:
- Use the 15-minute reading time judiciously. Go through the questions in the paper thoroughly, noting the scores assigned to them. Mentally map out your answers before commencing.
- Don’t waste your time on questions you don’t know or are confused about the answer. First deal with the simple ones. At the same time, do leave any question unanswered.
- For words, like “State” or “Enumerate,” your answers should be concise and explanatory. For words like “Differentiate,” have your answers documented in a tabular form. Additionally, write the number of points based on the number of markers. For example, 4 markers should come with 4 points.
- There should be headings noted in the required format. These could be according to the teacher’s request or N.C.E.R.T.
- Examples enhance your scores. For questions that require steps, detail your respective answers in the correct sequence.
- Allocate your time between answering simple and complex questions judiciously to avoid running out of time.
Success is not delivered on a platter of gold. You need to work for it. To score good grades in your Business Studies examination, you must be well-prepared; hence, the reason for this guide. As such, dedicate your time to go through the tips discussed and apply them to get an outstanding result.
About the Author
Laura C. Fields provides professional services in essay writing. She has helped tons of struggling students find their feet in their respective grades, classes, and degrees by providing honest reviews about writing services and their pitfalls.