Mobile apps are the way forward when it comes to business. You can engage customers much better with mobile apps, and this leads to higher profits. The reason is simple – customers spend more time on mobile apps compared to mobile websites.
The best candidate for the job should be proficient in Java, have the in-depth technical knowledge, be design-savvy, have cross-platform solution expertise, be critical thinkers, be adaptable, have the hunger to learn, and the ability to reason spatially.
How do you get the best fit for your organization? For instance to hire angularjs developer you need to know about the Angular JS interview questions and answers.
Similarly to hire android developer also you need to have an idea about the interview question. The same has been given below:
Top 10 Interview Questions for Hiring Android Developers
The following questions will help you determine if you have found the right candidate:
What are the Core Building Blocks of an Android Application?
This is a top-grade question to start with and check whether the developer knows the basics of developing the app from scratch. These include activities such as logging in, view the UI elements, intent for invoking individual components, service, content provider for sharing data, fragment, and Android manifest.
Name the 7 Lifecycle methods of Android Activity and Their Purpose:
The Android activity has seven life cycle methods, with each method having a purpose that the candidate should be aware of. Here are the methods:
- Create () – this is where the static setup is performed that includes the creation of views and data is bound with the list.
- onStart () – The user will be able to view the app
- onRestart ()
- onResume ()
- onPause ()
- onStop ()
- onDestroy ()
The candidate should have expert knowledge of this lifecycle. Proper code structuring depends on the performance of the activity at every stage of the lifecycle.
Why Did You Opt to be an Android Developer? Name Some of the Advantages of the Android Platform.
The candidate should be able to provide a logical answer to this question and know how to leverage the platform and optimize its use. They should know the benefits of the Andriod platform, including open source, DVM or Dalvik Virtual Machine, Platform Diversity, and Java experience.
There are no development, license, or distribution fees for this platform. Being open-source, it has been widely adopted by mobile manufacturers.
Can you Write a Quick Script to Launch a New Activity in Your App?
This question will test the candidate’s understanding of explicit intent required to launch an activity. The activity to be started by the developer is defined by this quick script called explicit intent.
What is the difference between SQLite and Client-Server Database Management Systems?
Android applications use SQLite that is an open-source type relational database. It does not require a server, is self-contained, and transactional. Unlike other client-server relationships found in different database management systems, the SQLite engine is linked integrally with the application.
The library can be dynamically called. Simple function calls are used by the library that reduces database access latency.
Identify the Android Architecture Components
This question will assess the developer’s overall concept of application design. The five core components of the Android software are:
- Linux Kernel: This is the interface between the software and the hardware. The hardware drivers comprising the keypad, camera, and display interact with the Linux Kernel.
- Native Libraries: The next layer in the Android architecture is a group of open-source libraries. The WebKit browser, libc or C Standard Library, and SQLite database form the Native Libraries.
- Android Runtime: Just like the Native Libraries, Android has Dalvik Virtual Machine. They enable Android apps to run their processes.
- Application Framework: Higher-level services are provided through this Android architecture component. Java applications and classes are enabled through this layer. The developer should be familiar with the View System, Notifications Manager, Resource Manager, Content Providers, and Activity Manager.
- Applications: This is the top-most layer of the App. Applications are installed in this layer, and developers understand this level the best.
List the 4 Java Classes Important for Using Sensors on the Android Platform
The Android platform uses sensors, and the developer should be familiar with the 4 Java classes which are needed for using these sensors. Accelerometer and gyroscope are some sensors that are required by apps.
The 4 Java classes are:
- Sensor Manager: Sensor event listener registration, data acquisition management, and calibration are accomplished by methods provided in this class.
- Sensor: The capabilities of a sensor can be determined by the plans provided in this class. This class creates a specific sensor as an instance.
- Sensor Event: A sensor event object is created by this class to provide information about a sensor event.
- Sensor Event Listener: There are two callback methods where sensor event notifications can be received. This class provides that.
Can you explain what is DDMS and its Functions?
The debugging utility shipping with Android is called DDMS or Dalvik Debug Monitor Server. The features of DDMS include screen capture, heap and thread information, SMS or incoming call spoofing, tracking network traffic, port-forwarding, location data spoofing, and simulation of network latency, speed, and state.
The developer should be aware of the functions of DDMS.
How can the hasSystemFeature() Method be Used to Check for Compass Sensor on the System?
The hasSystemFeature() methods are not provided by either the Sensor or SensorManager. The Sensor or SensorManager is capable of raw sensor data acquisition and direct access. If information retrieval is required through a device’s application packages to evaluate the system’s capabilities, you need to use the PackageManager class.
Name Some Measures That can be Taken to Avoid ANR.
One of the most significant issues that bother Android users is an unresponsive app with the ANR or application not responding message. When the app is mostly using the main thread, these problems occur. This problem can be avoided by performing networking operations or lengthy database on separate threads.
IntentService can be used for relieving the UI thread in case of apps that are task intensive. This developer should be familiar with this strategy.
Get the Best Android Developer
Mobile apps will take your firm to the next level, but you need the best Android Developer available. After going online and shortlisting prospective developers, you need to interview them and ask the right questions.
You should have complete clarity about your requirements when interviewing the developer. If you are not familiar with the technological aspects, have a technical member of your team with you during the interview. Watch your profits grow with the right developer!